Terrain won't appear in the Scene View

When I’m making a new project using Project Anywhere when I add the Cesium World Terrain + Bing Maps Aerial imagery, I can only view it on Game View and not on the Scene View.

I need to add my own models to the terrain and finding it extremely difficult that I cant see the terrain on the Scene View.

Anyone have a similar issue?

Hi @michaelgal4,

Can you try deleting the Cesium World Terrain actor and re-adding it through the Cesium panel? Does the problem persist on the new actor?

Thanks @agallegos for getting back to me.

I tried doing that but no luck… I’ve added an image of my viewport

Any help would be greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

That’s a very strange issue. Just to confirm, have you replaced the access token of Cesium World Terrain with your own access token?

I’m unable to reproduce this on my end, unfortunately. If possible, can you send me the project files so I can take a look? You can send them via a direct message if you prefer.

-Alex

I am seeing the same thing with Unreal 4.26.2 and 4.27.2. On an empty scene with the basics added (Terrain, Dynamic Pawn, and CesiumSunSky) I see no Terrain geo and the same as michaelgal4 in Scene View, but on Play or Simulate it shows the Terrain. Now could this be blocked by network protocols that might be different in Scene View versus Game View? Also, the other thing is I am working and using MSTSC to remote in, but don’t think that is the issue.

Cesium426.zip (3.7 MB)

Any thoughts on the cause would be appreciated as I am trying to bring this in to our workflow, but difficult when you can see Geo without hitting Play.

Thanks,
-Eric

Remoting in is almost certainly the cause. Unreal drops into a special non-real-time mode when it detects a remote connection, and in that mode actors don’t tick and so tilesets don’t load. See here for more information and a workaround:

Kevin

1 Like

@Kevin_Ring that was it. Thank you!!!

Default RDP Setting:

With Realtime Enabled:

-Eric

Should anyone else run into this and want it disabled by default I did find the editor preference below.

3 Likes