Rendering interactable objects

Hiya!

I am working on a web-app using CesiumJS with assets (ex. DTM) hosted in Cesium Ion.

One of the main features of the application is to display interactable objects in the terrain, while showing extended, editable properties in a side meny when selecting an object.

The users also need to be able to create new, update and delete existing objects + their properties, and the properties of an objects has to be available for use in calculations and reports (Ex. displaying relevant properties of objects within a polygon).

In my current solution I am using CZML to render objects, as my previous understanding of 3D-tiles is that they were not flexible in regards to changes in properties and position.

Is it possible to reuse a single tile at different coordinates? Or would I have to create a different 3D-tile for every single object coordinate?

Can a new 3D-tile be created and uploaded from CesiumJS? And can an existing 3D-tile’s position and/or other properties be updated from CesiumJS?

Can the data/properties on a 3D-tile be enriched with data from another source?

If there is any documentation regarding pros/cons and use cases of CZML objects vs 3D-tiles, I would love it if anyone could point me in the right direction, as Im probably gonna have more questions on this topic in the near future :slight_smile:

I apologize for the bombardment of questions! Thank you in advance for any answers / advice you can provide me :blush:

Edit: Im using object throughout my post, but I suppose its called entity in CZML?

Kind regards,
Tron