This is a noob question, but I can't do a very basic action

I have a downloaded a landscape and I have the coordinates for it and it is imported to Unreal (5). I just want to set the origin of the cesium globe to the position I want.
I can’t find any tutorials on this, when I type in the long/lat in the cesium georeference, the cesium globe goes back to the default position somewhere in America. I’ve used three hours now to figure this out, and I just cant do it… It’s sad that I had to go to the forums to get something as basic as this to work, but any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi @Steffen_Aaland,

We actually have a Github issue open to address this, since it’s not currently possible in Cesium for Unreal. We don’t have a time estimate for when we’ll get to it, but we welcome community contributions if you’d like to get the feature in sooner.

Janine is right that you can’t currently translate/rotate/scale the globe in the Unreal world. But I just want to make sure I’m understanding your problem completely, because the part where you said “the cesium globe goes back to the default position” sounds a bit surprising.

You can define (with the CesiumGeoreference) the particular longitude / latitude / height that is placed at the center of the Unreal world. So as long as you have the editor camera somewhere near the origin, you should be able to set those georeference parameters and end up looking at that location on the globe. If this isn’t working for you, I’d like to see a video demonstrating it so that we can try to see what’s happening.

If the above does work, but then when you hit Play you end up back in Denver… that’s a common problem! The reason is that the DynamicPawn has a CesiumGlobeAnchor component, which means it stays in its location on the globe even when you change the Georeference. If you look at the position of the DynamicPawn after you change the Georeference, you’ll see large coordinate values, because Cesium has adjusted its Unreal world coordinates appropriately. To move the DynamicPawn to the new origin, just zero out its position.

Kevin