Add terrain layer and imagery layer

the "Cesium_World_Terrain"layer contains DEM and DOM.Now I want to add my own terrain layer and imagery layer ,what steps should I take?

@zhengshuqian are your terrain and imagery layers hosted on Cesium ion or somewhere else?

I have already published a Imagery Service named cq_image and a Terrain Service named cq_dem in Cesium ion, but I don’t know how to join these two layers in omniverse like the “Cesium_World_Terrain”. In addition, cosidering the data is confidential, may I load the local imagery data and terrain data to create a 3D scene?

@zhengshuqian the easiest way would be to do the following:

1. Add the Cesium World Terrain with Bing Maps Aerial Imagery to your stage

2. Select the Cesium_World_Terrain prim in the stage

3. In the properties panel, scroll down to Cesium Tileset Settings and chagne ion Asset ID to the ID of your cq_dem. You can find this Asset ID in Cesium ion.

4. Your new terrain should load in, however it will still be using the Bing Imagery

5. Click on the Bing_Maps_Aerial_imagery prim - it will be a child of Cesium_World_Terrain

6. Scroll down to Cesium Imagery Settings and change the ion Asset ID to the ID of your cq_image. You can find this Asest ID in Cesium ion.

7. Your new imagery should now load in on top of your new terrain

@zhengshuqian another approach is to use the Cesium Assets UI

1. Click the Add button in the Cesium window

2. Select your terrain tileset and click Add to Stage

3. Select your imagery dataset and click Use as Terrain Tileset Base Layer

Note: This approach may not work correctly if you already have multiple terrain tilesets in your stage, as the Assets window may try to add the imagery layer to the wrong tileset. In this case, use the method suggested in my previous post.

So if I want to load my local data , I can set the value of source type like “url” and URL like “File://”

@zhengshuqian certainly if you have a 3D tiles dataset locally on your workstation you can do that. However, it sounds like you may have raw elevation and imagery data (eg. geotiff, ecw, etc), which Cesium for Omniverse is unable to load without first converting it into a streaming compatible format using tools such as Cesium ion.