Can't add a Cartographic Polygon to a tileset in UE5

Hi I been following your instructions as best i can but i get this error - it won’t let me lselect the cartographicpolygon in the scene. If i select it, it just goes back to ‘none’ please advise this is a show stopper :slight_smile:

Hi @UnrealVistas,

Thanks for letting us know about this problem. I’ve created a new issue for it here. We’ll fix it as soon as possible.

More information about the problem will also be helpful - is any log or error message being produced when you try to connect the polygon to the tileset?

Can you try using drag-and-drop to set the polygon instead?

Cesium for Unreal has not been extensively tested with UE5, and the UE5-compatible version of the plugin is somewhat experimental right now. For the most stable experience, using 4.27 may be the safest bet.

-Alex

Hi, Turning on the PC this morning and it works fine. To delete the polygon, I had to reboot UE again so. I had currently tried click and drag and everything I could think of to no avail.
I’m so glad you got it to run in UE5 I will continue to support development in any way I can. We have a junior JS programmer who may be getting involved with your forums very soon

1 Like

Hi @UnrealVistas,

Just to confirm, restarting your PC and Unreal Engine fixed the problem?

Also, thank you for being a part of the community and supporting Cesium for Unreal!

-Alex

Happy too Alex.
I guess you already know that UE5 preview 2 has just been released and when I started it…

I would compile it myself if there were instructions I could follow but so far I’ve always hit problem compiling that I can’t overcome.

Hi @UnrealVistas,

Looks like you already found the Github issue regarding UE5 Preview 2. For anyone else who finds this thread:

The plugin should work with Preview 2, but until our CI system is set up to build Preview 2 binaries, you’ll need to add the plugin manually. From this issue,

download the preview 1 release zip from GitHub and extract it to your project’s Plugins directory instead of to the Engine plugins directory. And then Unreal Engine will compile it when you compile the project. You’ll need Visual Studio 2019 installed.
Because it’s not possible to produce binaries for a C++ plugin that works with arbitrary UE5 builds, I suggest you avoid upgrading to the latest preview right away when it’s released.

1 Like