I’ve tried to upload a KML/Collada file with more than 70 DAE files. Everything works fine, but the display in Cesium, e.g. the sandcastle leaves out large parts of the original geometry.
I’ve dug into this and here is my assumption:
- it seems that Cesium cannot handle more than 70 DAE files
- geometries like 04-TUSM for example produce ~ 121 DAE files
- the naming of the 3d tiles is
<tile number>/<2^(tile number)-1/0.b3dm
- this works “well” until tile 70, then the output switches to scientific notation:
+ 69: “69/590295810358705700000/0.b3dm”
+ 70: “70/1.1805916207174113e+21/0.b3dm”
- our assumption is, that during the file creation process special characters like
+are being replaced or deleted
- thus the file is not accessible under the URL where it should reside
- the result is that some tiles are not loaded in Cesium and you get the holes in the view.
The asset in question: 2203051
How it looks like in the sandcastle:
I did not find the proper repository on Github so I assume this is done with non-public code. Otherwise I would have looked more into it.