Map looking stretched, tilted and low resolution

1. A concise explanation of the problem you’re experiencing.

I am having issues with the 2D (and 3D) Bing map looking stretched and low resolution. It barely resembles the original Bing map in terms of style and quality. There also seem to be some kind of perspective on the camera in 2D mode, in other words its not straight above the map which I want it to be.

2. A minimal code example. If you’ve found a bug, this helps us reproduce and repair it.

Running the following code in Sandcastle will demonstrate the issue:

var viewer = new Cesium.Viewer(‘cesiumContainer’, {

sceneMode : Cesium.SceneMode.SCENE2D

});

3. Context. Why do you need to do this? We might know a better way to accomplish your goal.

I wanna fix this because I want the map to look fairly crisp and I need the labels of cities etc on the map to be clear and easy to read. I am open to try another kind of map but I need one without satellite imagery, I just want a clean white map. I have looked at other peoples threads with similar issues but I have not found a working solution. I tried bumping up the screenspaceerror to 1.33 in 3D mode but that lead only to a minor improvement. Anyways I need a fix applicable to 2D aswell.

4. The Cesium version you’re using, your operating system and browser.

I am running Cesium version 1.59.0 in Chromium (ionic webview).

Thanks!

I think the issue there is because Cesium is rendering a 3D scene, and since the imagery and labels are all raster images, there may be some distortion either due to camera angle in 3D mode, or projection in 2D mode.

You could try using terriaJS: https://terria.io/ which uses CesiumJS for the 3D scene, but falls back to Leaflet for 2D, which I believe supports vector data without rasterizing it, so it should look a lot more crisp. Let me know if that helps.